Data loss is an error condition in information systems in which information is destroyed by failures or neglect in storage, transmission, or processing.
Dataloss Senarios include:
- Intentional deletion of a file or program
- Accidental deletion of a file or program
- Misplacement of CDs or Memory sticks
- Failure, resulting in data in volatile memory not being saved to permanent memory
- Hardware failure, such as a hard disk
- A software crash or freeze, resulting in data not being saved
- Software bugs or poor usability, such as not confirming a file delete command
- Theft, hacking, sabotage, etc
- A malicious act, such as a worm, virus, hacker or theft of physical media
Axxera powered by HIBUN offers Data Loss Prevention Solution at three different levels:
- Data in Motion: Data which uses HTTP, FTP, IM, P2P and SMTP protocols are mirrored in the DLP server for inspection where visibility is enhanced.
- Data at Rest: Data in file servers, databases, hosts computers set for file sharing, etc.
- Data at End Points: Data which sits on end user hosts (workstations and notebooks).